* Recently on Robot 6, I ran down seven things we know (and don’t) about the DC relaunch, circa yesterday.
* I also rounded up some political pundit reaction to X-Men: First Class, mostly focusing on race and gender.
* Elsewhere, I did my weekly chat about Game of Thrones with newbie viewer Megan Morse.
* A new CF “art book” (Dan Nadel’s quotes, not mine) called Sediment is due out this fall, featuring “lotsa color,” which is exciting. I also like how much the cover looks like it could have come from the liner notes for Pigface’s Gub.
* Fuck, I’m gonna miss liner notes now that I’m not buying CDs anymore.
* Speaking of Huizenga, today at the Comics Grid, Greice Schneider takes on one of Huizenga’s high points, “Balloon” from Kramers Ergot 7.
* Drawn & Quarterly has a strong Fall release slate on the way, with books from Daniel Clowes, Marc Bell, Anders Nilsen, Kate Beaton, and Brian Ralph that I’m looking forward to.
* The latest Michael DeForge strip up at What Things Do is “Dogs,” a forerunner to the main story from Lose #3.
* Oh look, it’s an “abandoned project” by Uno Moralez that’s better than most finished projects.
* My word, Jillian Tamaki’s illustrations of Irish myths and legends make me proud of my people. (Via Douglas Wolk.)
* I really hope I’m not too late to link you to Closed Caption Comics stalwart Mr. Noel Freibert’s “Name Your Price” art/print sale, which will help him move.